Progesterone question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progesterone question

I have been diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure..I have been taking HRT (Vivelle dot & Prometrium 200). Due to my dx, I was told that taking these meds would not prevent a pregnancy, but then I read somewhere that Progesterone would prevent you from ovulating..what are your opinions on this? I take the Prometrium the last 12 days of the cycle.
    Thanks
    Jill

Hi Jill,
    Progesterone can block ovulation, but only if taken around the time an egg is ready to ovulate. If you happen to develop a mature egg that ovulates before you take the Prometrium, then if ovulation already took place the Prometrium couldn't block ovulation from happening. If you happen to have a mature egg that is ready to ovulate (but hasn't yet been released), and if you start Prometrium at that time, it can potentially block the egg from ovulating.

I hope this makes sense, and I hope this answers your question.
    Dr. Roseff - South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Boca Raton, FL
    PERSONALIZED/SUCCESSFUL Specialty care....

Comment

Hoping to contribute to whatever question you have. Wedding Videographer Philadelphia

Comment

It is really wonderful and interesting! I hope this will be a guide for others! Thank you! phoenix concrete companies

Comment

I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Zwembaden

Comment

I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! Zwembad aanleggen

Comment

I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work Tuinontwerp

Comment

It is the intent to provide valuable information and best practices, including an understanding of the regulatory process. Zwembaden Limburg

Comment

This is a fantastic website , thanks for sharing. Aanleg zwembad

Comment

I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information Tuinontwerpen

Comment

Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Exclusieve zwembaden

Comment

it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity.. Zwembadbouw

Comment

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Zwembad plaatsen

Comment

There's no doubt i would fully rate it after i read what is the idea about this article. You did a nice job.. Tuinarchitect

Comment

The worst part of it was that the software only worked intermittently and the data was not accurate. You obviously canot confront anyone about what you have discovered if the information is not right. Zwembadbouwer

Comment

Working...
                              X