Progesterone question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progesterone question

I have been diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure..I have been taking HRT (Vivelle dot & Prometrium 200). Due to my dx, I was told that taking these meds would not prevent a pregnancy, but then I read somewhere that Progesterone would prevent you from ovulating..what are your opinions on this? I take the Prometrium the last 12 days of the cycle.
    Thanks
    Jill

Hi Jill,
    Progesterone can block ovulation, but only if taken around the time an egg is ready to ovulate. If you happen to develop a mature egg that ovulates before you take the Prometrium, then if ovulation already took place the Prometrium couldn't block ovulation from happening. If you happen to have a mature egg that is ready to ovulate (but hasn't yet been released), and if you start Prometrium at that time, it can potentially block the egg from ovulating.

I hope this makes sense, and I hope this answers your question.
    Dr. Roseff - South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Boca Raton, FL
    PERSONALIZED/SUCCESSFUL Specialty care....

Comment

Hoping to contribute to whatever question you have. Wedding Videographer Philadelphia

Comment

It is really wonderful and interesting! I hope this will be a guide for others! Thank you! phoenix concrete companies

Comment

Working...
        X