Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a second opinion after test results

Hello
    I am 32 and DH is 35. We've been TTC for over a year, including monitoring ovulations with strips and timing intercourse accordingly.
    We have recently contacted an expert RE and were sent to do several tests.
    Here is the summary:
    * uterus x-ray test (forgot the name) -- all fine, tubes are open
    * semen analysis -- high count, mediocre motility (38%) and low morphology (8%).
    * (worse part was) -- very low AMH level of 0.2 mg/mL. Normal range for this lab should be above 0.4.

This AMH result made our RE switch gears from recommending IUI to recommending IVF. The argument is simply that we don't have time to waste on taking chances with IUIs, which have far lower success rates.

What do you think? would you agree?

Thanks!!

forgot some test results

my day-3 test results (FSH, LH, EST) were all normal, which I guess is what made the RE slightly panic when he saw my AMH results a few weeks later...

Comment

Hi,

What was your antral follicle count on ultrasound (done on cycle day 2, 3, or 4)?

Is there a possibility of a mistake on the AMH test? I received a recent report of 0.11 on a patient, after which I received a call from that lab stating they made a reporting error and it was really 1.1!!!

If it wasn't a reporting error, does your RE want to repeat it at another time? Are you obese (obesity can lower the AMH)?

Dr. Roseff in Florida
      Dr. Roseff - South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Boca Raton, FL
      PERSONALIZED/SUCCESSFUL Specialty care....

Comment

thanks

I didn't do a follicle count... should I ask for one?
        They took blood for a repeat of the AMH test. This is one of the best labs in the field, but I suppose there is always a risk of an error.
        I am not obese (BMI of 23.4).

Comment

I think an antral follicle count is important. See what the repeat AMH shows.

Dr. Roseff in FL

Comment

My Dr. agreed for an antral follicle count next day-2

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep you posted as for the results of the count and the repeated AMH blood test.

Comment

updates

Hi
              my day 2 antral follicle count was low -- 1 follicle in the left ovary and 5 in the right. However, the repeated AMH test came out as 0.68, which is pretty good.
              What is going on?
              Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

While it's illegal for me to interpret your results, I can say that in my lab an AMH of 0.68 is considered low. Ask your RE to give you his/her interpretation of your level.

Dr. Roseff in FL

Comment

Thank you for your input

A second doctor at a different clinic performed another follicle count. She measured the ovaries and concluded that we should begin IVF as soon as possible.
                  Thanks again for suggesting AFC. It really helped me and the doctors to see what is going on.

Comment

Glad to hear it. You're welcome, and good luck!
                    Dr. Roseff in Florida

Comment

best information provide happy use this content sephora

Comment

Working...
                      X