IEP next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IEP next week

My son has high functioning autism. His teacher this past year and the entire staff at the school has been wonderful. So supportive and accommodating. I feel like they truly care about his success and really want school to be a positive experience for him.

His IEP review is next week. I feel that his goals this past year were pretty much on target but I'd like to see more goals related to creating empathy, building personal relationships (he doesn't really have any friends and is very sad about that), and understanding and expressing his emotions. He often relies on high level emotions (happy, sad, mad, frustrated, calm) but cannot tell you why he feels that way.

At home and often at school, he likes to pretend he's something - a car, a truck, helicopter, barn cat, one of our dogs, our neighbor's cat. It becomes very hard for him to focus in school because he's pretending to be these things and behaving like them - making noises, hand gestures, attitude, facial expressions, etc. He knows that at school he has to be "him", not all these other things but reverts back to being a race car while in line in the hallways or at other times.

He also has a very myopic view of the world and cannot understand compromise. If the other kids don't want to play what he wants, he's unable to see their point of view and play what they want for a little bit in order to trade off and get them to play what he wants.

He's very literal. During one test, he was told to imagine that a friend came over to spend the night and wet the bed. The friend was very upset. What should he do? He started explaining step by step what the friend should do to clean up and what he should do the next night so his sleeping bag wouldn't get dirty.

These are all social skills and I know the school is going to want to focus on issues that are effecting his education. The noises and pretend characters keep him from focusing and distract other children so I know I can get them to include them.

I always struggle with finding ways to get them to support him socially and could use some insight and ideas if possible.

I think it's marvelous that you're offering this advice to the public. As a parent, I often feel like I'm my son's only advocate but I'm unable to articulate what he needs, only his deficiencies. It gets overwhelming. But I'm very, very fortunate to have such a supportive school for my son.

Thank you!

Comment

the article you shared & different articles on this sites, bring knowledge, these articles can increase the know how about students self development etc. i was searching someone write my assignment so i got this use full article.

Comment

As a sales, marketing, and import organisation, we continue to develop a solid platform for long-term success. Peter brum vino noire Companies' ideals of hard labour, sustainable brand growth, modern category awareness, tactical ingenuity, and precise human capital assessment are now more clearly reflected in the united companies, which are backed by the company's strong financial strength.

Comment

We aspire to establish an environment in which each employee, individually and collectively, can devote themselves to providing exceptional service and professional integrity to our customers. Furthermore, we place a high value on the protection of our removal services near me. both ourselves and our clients As a corporation, Hauling Service Inc. strives to be a powerful cornerstone. set a good example for what we should do.

Comment

Our staff can help you anticipate and meet these difficulties and possibilities. We can assist you with a number of services, including risk management, regulatory compliance, customer and channel strategy optimization, operational efficiency improvement, and cost control. Respond to mounting reporting and vantage financial group challenges, as well as the need to increase the efficiency of your operations.

Comment

If the other kids don't want to play what he wants, he's unable to see their point of view and play what they want for a little bit in order to trade off and get them to play what he wants.

incineratemarketingllc.com

Comment

These are all social skills and I know the school is going to want to focus on issues that are effecting his education.
                - Bathroom Remodel Tacoma

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1258
                Last edited by robertjames; 09-30-2021, 08:06 AM.

Comment

We provide comprehensive information on each of our reputable psychic advisors, including ratings and reviews from real individuals like you. We recommend using a combination of your intuition and choosing a psychic that specializes in your specific needs to discover the finest psychic for your reading. You can also contact our customer service department for assistance. Whatever method you use, you'll be able to find the ideal psychic. There are a number of genuine psychics with Chakra Healing ratings and glowing testimonials, making it simple to locate someone you can trust. As texting and chat become more mainstream, more gifted advisers are utilizing online techniques to assist customers.

Comment

Such a great help opinion! I'll use for my reference in austinwoodrefinishing.com

Comment

Definitely something to consider. I have dealt with a very similar situation, except it was my brother. He ended up becoming very successful and even helps me with Custom Cabinetry Hartford, a brand we both started together and that he is taking a leadership role in. Never give up!

Comment

Would love to know how this went? Dealing with similar issues and want to know the best route to go about this. Kind of stuck. I need to work this out before our Basement Finishing Contractors settle for the season. Let me know or direct me to someone who can help, please and thank you.

Comment

Hope your son is doing well now. Deck and Fence

Comment

Hi, you are an inspiration to all the mothers like me. I hope your son will do well.

atlas coffee club discount code

Comment

landscaping columbia sc
                              I admire your hard work and patience as a mom. Hopefully, you get to inspire more. hand sanitizer online

Online Ads

Comment

Working...
                              X