barge --- I hope this ok.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barge --- I hope this ok.

my friend lost her baby a month before due date.
    She is not a friend I see talk to all the time, my husband and hers were roomates. We see each other at holidays, etcetera.
    We just found out yesterday. Her husband called as her due date is coming up and he wanted us to know.
    They buried the child, but did not name(or tell anyone if they did) I am note sure if even they knew the sex.

regardless -- I would like to do something. Just stating how sorry I am and how terribly saddened we are by the news. I just don't know what to do but I don't want to not do anything. After all we were all excited about the this new life, it feels wrong to just ignore it, but I want to be respectful.

I have had three miscarraiges myself, all at 10 weeks. The first one everyone knew about it. One of my friends called and said left a message about how sorry she was about 'the baby'. it meant so much too me.

I can't even imagine what the mother is feeling. any advice appreciated.
    prayers for all of you and your children.
    marybeth

Buy them the book called "Empty Cradle, Broken Heart". My daughter was stillborn nearly 10 years ago and someone got me this book. I remember reading it through tear filled eyes, shocked that someone, anyone knew exactly what I was feeling. And take them dinner one night. They won't remember to eat for days at times, so this will be appreciated. As you know from your m/c's--there is really nothing you can say, except I'm sorry for your loss. Its kind of you to want to help them.

Comment

thank you. i appreciate your response. I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter.
      Marybeth

Comment

Working...
      X